We can offer you peace of mind with overdraft protection on your checking account. These programs ensure that your transactions go through and you don't incur extra return check fees or ding your credit. Full protection on one-time debit card and ATM transactions require your approval before we can cover them.
- Checks, automatic bill payments, and other transactions using your account number are automatically covered by overdraft privilege*
- You must "opt in" for overdraft privilege to extend to ATM and everyday debit card transactions (see below)
- We will charge a $30 fee for each item that overdrafts your account**
- You will avoid merchant charges for returned checks
- This coverage is available up to $400 or $700 depending on your account type***
Another option for overdraft protection is to link to your savings account to cover overdrafts, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
There are three ways to opt in if you would like to do so.
- Phone—You may call 1-800-775-1889 to opt-in by phone.
- U.S. Mail—Complete and return this opt-in form to the address on the form.
- In Person—Stop in any of our branch locations to complete an opt-in form.
Find answers to frequently asked questions about our overdraft programs and federal opt-in regulations.
If you have already opted in, and you want to revoke your authorization, you may do so by calling us at 1-800-775-1889 or by visiting your local branch. You may also send your written request to PO Box 6013, Helena, MT 59604.
Opt-in requirements apply to consumer accounts only; business accounts are not applicable.
*We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if a customer's account is not in good standing, they are not making regular deposits, or the account has too many overdrafts. If we do not authorize an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
**There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account. Customers should make every attempt to bring their account to a positive balance as soon as possible, and must do so within 45 days.
***Amount may vary by account. See Mountain West Bank for additional eligibility requirements.
The Summit Club
Enjoy life to the fullest with our travel and social club for ages 50+.More Details